Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Housewife I Never Was

Dress: Goodwill





This is what they looked like
This dress reminds of housewives. The first thing that I think of when I think of housewives is the women who cooked dinner and dessert for their husbands, which would be ready when they came home from work. These women would only be in the house all day and were not allowed to work.  They even had certain ways to wear their hair. It would be either a French twist or a sausage roll and they wore no earrings. Their dresses were always cotton and were past the knees. No housewife would be caught dead with a dress above the knees. The dresses they wore were button –up and they wore them every day with Cuban heels. I found this interesting. Of course a lot has changed since then, but sometimes it’s interesting to revisit the past; especially in fashion.
~Fashion Fabricator

2 comments:

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments!! I will answer any questions that you have and also I will check out your blog if you leave your link!